Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Nov.27,2011

Schedules/Routines,
The big question is how do I handle interruptions when I'm trying to get into a routine.  I realize I'll always have things that come up, but this time it was the lovely monthly visitor that women are so NOT lucky to have.  Let me explain, I'm all for being a woman, I'm all for loving the ability to bare children, but I'm 50, widowed, and have delt with it for 40 years, I so want to be done.  You may be asking whats the biggy, well the rest of the story is I'm on the medication cumidon.  So I flow excessive.  I was afraid of coming to the gym.  Then Thanksgiving hit. family was here, and my nice little schedule went out the window.  It's amazing how fast the bad little habbits come back.  Like skipping meals, going out to eat because the day is hicktick.  It takes a lot of planning and time to work on meals, exercise time, blogging etc.  My daughter had noticed I hadn't blogged for days, and sweetly reminded me of it, and I not so kindly told her to stuff it! Ha Ha, (kind of like a poor turkey)Sorry I tried to make a funny.  I had let myself down and all of you that are helping me.  I was able to come back to the gym the day after Thanksgiving or Black Friday.  It was nice you were all out shopping and we were at the gym. My kids went with me and worked out with me which was nice. Now if I can just get back to the food tracking.  Now I need to let you know I didn't go hog while, because it almost sounds like I did.  My Thanksgiving dinner was totally sugar free, and mostly fat and sodium free.  My family loved it and didn't complain.  I thank them for that! Everything's gone, as far as food goes, so now I hope to get back to normal.  NORMAL there's that word again.  I need to learn what to plan for when things aren't normal or my routine is challenged.
Don't get me wrong, it was wonderful to have my kids home, and my sweet granddaughter, and I did take the time to ponder about how blessed I have been this year.  I especially thought about my new family at the sports academy, and how important you have become to me.  You are helping me get my life back, not only for me but also for my kids, so they don't have to bury another parent.  I thought about the people that have come into my life this year, and especially all of you that are following my journey, and how each of you are changing me and helping me, and most of you I don't even know.  Thank you...  I do hope your Thanksgiving was one that was wonderful and that you took a minute and pondered all that is good with the world.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! So happy you are back posting again. I must confess I was starting to worry about you! Getting a schedule mapped out and sticking to it--especially this time of year is difficult. Just take it one day at a time and be kind to yourself. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete