Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11

Today is Veterans  day Thank you to all the vets and those currently serving, to protect our freedoms.
Yesterday was weigh in day.  I lost 8lbs. which this week I am excited about.  Have you ever went to one of those holiday grocery store sales.  Last night I ventured out to one of them..  All I can say is people are crazy thinking they are getting great deals.  I went hungary, which I know better.  So I bought a steak, brought it home and cooked the whole thing and ate it.  This morning I felt terrible.  I did not want to get up, and my workout was at 8:00.  My daughter had stayed home because she was going out of town.  She knew I was not going so as she went out the door she said, Mom I've started the car so as long as you have to go out and turn it off you can go to the gym. I was so mad, I didn't want to go, I deserved a day off, after all I've taken 15lbs. off in two weeks.  Besides that nothing was wanting to work.  I remembered back to when I was eating that pound of steak, and knowing I wasn't going to feel good, but I wasn't expecting just how bad.  The thought came to me how I  felt less than a month ago.  The things I ate really did effect how bad I was feeling no wonder all I did was sit and do nothing.  I used a steak as an example but you could substitute anything you may feel like that you think will make you feel better, or that you think will make you feel better.
But It didn't.  I used the words," I'm never going to do that again," But it was suggested to me to never say never.  I am learning, it's a life style change, baby steps.  Who's to say I won't do it again.  I probably will, but that is what comes with a change. I need to thank my daughter for this morning she'll never know how I needed this push. I hope every one has a great day!

4 comments:

  1. 8 Pounds!!! That is so amazing! Congrats! I know that you're daughter eerked you but I have to admit it made me giggle a little by her cleverness, must run in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for 8 pounds! Plus....your daughter is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need a push sometimes! Well done on what you've accomplished so far - you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is getting a high five from me next time I see her!

    ReplyDelete