Monday, November 14, 2011

11/14/11

I'm sitting here watching Dancing with the Stars. This season has been interesting because there has been a couple of the contestants that have had physical challenges.  Ricky Lake has a weight challenge, and JR was severely burned while serving our country.  But both have overcome or are trying and succeeding in the semi finals.  The show was really spotlighting their accomplishments tonight throughout the show.  They both talked about going forward and making it through their challenges.  I can relate to both.  My older brother was physically challenged and was in a wheel chair most of his life.  Then of course there's me, morbidly obese.  Tonight I was at my training session, it was later than normal, so there was a lot of different people and kids there.  I have gotten use to my other training times and people have gotten use to seeing me around and watching me workout and are very positive to give me encouragement.  But tonight it felt like I was the main event of a freak show again.  I felt like they were talking and laughing at me.  It was like I was starting all over again, the first day.  Yet as I pondered the last three weeks I can see the changes that are happening.  I was talking to my grand daughter last night on skype and we were being tree's, and without thinking I raised my arms above my head and was swaying them around and all of a sudden my daughter yelled MOM look at your arms!  When I started working out I couldn't raise my arms even shoulder high.  It's the little things, and I hope that as people stare at people that might not be perfect, as they may consider themselves, I hope they take the time to get to know all of us that aren't perfect because we may just change their minds and see we have a lot to offer.  It's the inside that counts.  I don't know if I've made since or not but I hope there are people out there that can understand what I'm trying to say in this blog.  Have a great evening!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the story about you skyping and your arms. What a victory and such a fabulous thing for you! Your blog is so inspiring and I love reading all of your posts! Keep it up we are all behind you!

    ReplyDelete