Sunday, March 4, 2012

3/4/12

Finally, I remembered my password and finally got back in.  I've been trying all week. 
My oldest son is leaving home tomorrow, I have had an extremely hard weekend.  My kids more than once have said I have my angry voice back.  They will never understand until they have kids of their own.  He's 27 it's time he leave, I know he was sticking around because he was concerned about me.  I think finally he feels confortable enough to leave, and that's a achievement in itself.  I have never wanted my kids to feel like I need them to take of me.  I get stronger and more mobile everyday, and am so thankful for this journey.  But...I will say I still have a problem that I can say has always been a problem, and that is going for food when I don't want to deal with something(like my son leaving).  This weekend has been difficult I have been craving all sorts of things.  I really would like a mamouth hamberger, x large order of fries and a giant milkshake all from Labeau's.  My kids have fought me off all weekend, and I have not been nice(hence my angry voice).  So last night after every body left home alone again I sat down and ate a box of skinny cow chocolate carmel clusters that equals about 720 cal.  Who did it hurt ME could it have been so much worse YES.  That is why it will always be a journey.  Life always has things being thrown at us, and yes I'm getting better at how I handle them, but then at times the old cravings (Labeau's) come back with a vengence. I am learning though with all the hard work at the gym, and the results that I'm starting to see, that it's getting a little easier to tell or find things to give me the same satisfaction that are different than always going to food.  So that is progress.  I'm going to have to work a little harder this week.  But I'll do it. Oh by the way I got a belt to fit that I bought 4 months ago, when it didn't fit. Yea!!!Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to tell you thank you for keeping this blog. I too am trying to lose a lot of weight and it is a struggle, but so worth it. Thanks for sharing your struggles and triumphs! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete