Friday, March 16, 2012

3/16/12

Yesterday was a productive day.  I was finally back in the pool where I feel like home in.  That was until my trainer showed up, she kicked my butt, during our training hour, but came back during the 9:00 water class and kicked all our butts.  Some of those older ladies didn't know what hit them. After class they were all saying how hard it was and she really worked them.  I said but you did it.  She also wants me to start walking an additional 20 min. a day at home out side.  To all of you that might not seem like a lot but to someone that sits all day on her butt, its a lot to ask. 4 months ago I couldn't have done it. On wednesday I made a goal at 2:00 I was going to walk.  I didn't go out side but I do have a very nice heavy duty tredmill in my bedroom (how many of us have these) so I dusted it off removed all the clothes that were hung on it and stepped on and walked 20 min.  I can honestly say I have never walked more than 5 min. on that tredmill before.  I was talking on the phone to my daughter and I just kept telling her KEEP Talking to me.  I walked over a 1/2 mile, thats pretty good for me.  I never was able to walk very fast even in school when I was a teenager it would take me 20 min. to walk a mile.  So I just need to double my time and I'll be back in high school. Yesterday I actually walked outside.  I went down to get the mail, then realized I didn't have the key, I was so mad I walked backed got in my car and drove back.  Now I realize a sninny person would have walked back, but I'm not skinny, YET!  In this journey, even as slow as I feel it's going, I am succeding.  I'm doing things I never thought I'd ever do again.  I was watching a show the other night, and they were climbing a rock wall.  My kids all do that and I made it a goal to do that.  Today when my time with Mary was over she started teaching a Boot Camp class, and she was deminstrating a Push up that they were to do.  Well this was no ordinary pushup, she was holding onto the weights, she pushed herself up, lifted a back leg, put it down, lifted the other, put it down, and then lifted the arm with the weight, and then the other.  It was so cool, I told her I want to be able to do just one of those and deminstrate it in front of my son when he gets home off his mission.  I'm down to 14 months, and counting.
I also had a breakthrough last night with food.  My daughter is out of town on a school trip.  I was home alone, and I was hungry.  I wanted so badly to go to Wingers, but I had no money, But that has never stopped me before.  Then I thought Panda Express.  So I stopped and looked up calaries, there was know way I was going to blow all my hard work from yesterday with all those caleries and the sodium levels are terrible.  So I saqt myself down inventoried what I had and made a stirfry with what I had in my fridge.  It was so good, and I'm proud of myself!  It might not be working as fast as I'd like,or as fast as some people think it should come off, but I'm learning there's a lot more to this process than just losing weight.  There's a mind factor that has got to change, and that process is taking a long time, and I'm realizing will probably take a lifetime.  It's continueally changing, when I think I may be conquering one thing then another thing pops up or I slip somewhere else.  It will be ongoing forever but that's what earthlife is all about I quess.  Hang in there and keep going on each of our journeys.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment