Thursday, January 19, 2012

Jan.19, 2012

It's hard to believe we're already through half of Jan.  Sorry I haven't written for awhile.  I had to go to my daughters and then stopped a couple of days with my parents.  I've really missed the Sports Academy,my workouts, and especially the friends I've made.  You really are a support to me. 
It was interesting as I got ready to go, my trainer really tried to prepare me, with menu's, workouts, it was really important to both of us that I have a plan.  It was an excellent time for me to be an example to my daughter and her family.  We planned meals and I tried to show them it doesn't take any longer to make a nice meal, than it takes to go out to eat, it was cheaper and a lot better for us.  We were able to go to the pool a couple of times to do laps, and also play in the pool with my grandbaby.  We kept me busy and going, and I saw that I could do more.
On the way home I basically did the same thing at my parents home.  They thought the meal I cooked was great.  They are so excited for me because I know they both thought I'd die before them.  And they are 83, and 88 in age.
It was so good to actually get back into the gym today.  It's been a long time since I've done a land workout,  with all the problems I've had with my shoulder, but it felt good.
These last couple of weeks have been an interesting lesson to me because I found out that with some planning being away can be sucessful.  It's good to be back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment