Monday, December 10, 2012

12/10/12

Hi bloggers,
Its been awhile again, and as I recall the last time I blogged I promised I would do better. But that's life isn't it, we allow things to get in the way of what we need to do.  We always find excuses.
 But right at this minute life is good.  Just some qiick things to bring you guys up to speed on what has happened.  In Oct. I was finally sent down to Makey Dee hospital to a knee Dr.  and he found out I not only needed one knee but that both are shot.  He was willing to do surgury, but when he said their only good for 10-15 years I asked what my options were.  He said surgury or tough it out.  But they also said I have arthritis under my right knee cap and thats probably what I.m feeling, also that it can't get any worse if I go full speed ahead at the gym.  My knee will just hurt.  So as long as I am not damaging it we have decided to go full speed ahead.  So since Oct. I have been going to the gym as scheduled.  There are days my knee kills, and now I no my Dad wasn't kidding when he can tell the change in the weather, it really is true.  The ladies in the pool have turned me onto some supplements that I also have been faithfully taking that I think is helping the knee also. So until I can't take the pain anymore I will just keep doing what I've been doing, and will keep getting more weight off and getting stronger so that when the time does come that I need surgury I will be in the best shape possible.
Today I went to the gym, I haven't been for two weeks due to some freak illnesses I've had.  It felt so good to be back, and I hope it will help strenghthen me to be able to resist more illnesses this winter.
I did 4 miles in twenty minutes on the bike.  The bike is something we had just started before I got sick, and I had done 4 miles in 1/2 hour.  So today I beat that by ten minutes.  That was so cool.  I never did stuff like this before.  The guy next to me was going faster than I was, and as I've commented before I'm a little competitive, so I jacked the machine up higher and away I went.  I was pooped out, and couldn't walk when I got off, but I finished.  Now tomorrow we'll be in the pool, where my trainer wants me to do twenty laps in 1/2 hour, and then we'll do weights the other 1/2.  Also with my swimming I no longer am using my fins.  I can just swim like normal people.  Remember when I first started and when I swam I swam backwards, even though I was aiming forwards!  I think back how far I've come, I've been at this journey now a year.   The last of Oct. was a year.  I need to work a lot harder on my eating again.  It's so important to write everything you eat down.  Also I've gotten out of the habbit of eating breakfast again.  It's amazing how fast old habbits creep back in, it really has brought home to me when people tell you it's a lifestyle change it really is.  You have to be aware at all times what your doing for the rest of your life, or the bad habbits quickly return.
The biggest news I have to tell you is that I have a new addition to my household.  Her name is Molly and she is a 4 month old Labradoddle.  Boy I feel like I have a baby in the house again, oh wait, I do. 
But I have written how lonely I've been, and how much I have missed my son's dog.  Mary my trainer has been encouraging me to find a dog, I think she wanted me to have to walk, but I wanted something to talk to besides the 4 walls.  Well both is happening, I'm always getting up out of my chair chasing her because she's in the chewing puppy stage. We go out for walks mutiple times a day, and I actually get down on the floor and play with her, and now I can Even get up!!!  Life is good, have a great day, and continue the journey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment